Features and Enhancements delivered in the September 8, 2017 Amazon Chime release.
**** Update: 9/12/17 ****
Log a user out of all devices
- IT Administrators for Team or Enterprise Amazon Chime accounts can now force a user to be signed out from Amazon Chime on all their devices.
- From the Amazon Chime Administration console, navigate to the user's detail page by searching and clicking on their name, then choose Sign out of all devices from the User actions menu and then select Reset.
Note: This action does not delete, suspend or remove the account.
- All Amazon Chime registered devices will be logged out. To access Amazon Chime, the user is prompted to sign in and must authenticate to gain access to their data.
- If you are using IAM policies for access to the Amazon Chime administration console, users/groups will need to be given the Chime:LogoutUser action to sign a user out of all their devices. Please see this article for more details: Amazon Chime Actions for IAM policies
Amazon Chime iOS client improvements
Receive incoming calls without getting disconnected from the Amazon Chime meeting
- Meeting attendees who join using their Amazon Chime iOS client now have the standard iOS audio options when they receive a phone call on their device. Users may place their Amazon Chime meeting on hold and take another call without leaving the meeting.
- Choose the Amazon Chime button to navigate to the meeting roster. Use the swap option to navigate between call connections or tap the Touch to return to call banner to rejoin the call.
- When you are connected to the incoming call, HOLD status will be displayed for the Amazon Chime connection. Your Amazon Chime audio is muted and you will be shown as muted on the meeting roster.
If you have an iPhone 6s or later, you can use 3D Touch to access options directly from notifications
- Press deeply on the meeting notification to reveal the Join, Running late and Message all options for scheduled meetings.
- Press deeply on the missed call notification to reveal the Call
back and Message options.
Access options from notifications when you don't have 3D Touch
- Swipe left on the meeting notification and choose View to reveal the Join, Running late and Message all options for scheduled meetings.
- Swipe left on the missed call notification and choose View to reveal the Call back and Message options.
Skip button on meeting feedback
- Meeting attendees may now choose to skip responding to the
meeting feedback request.
At the end of a meeting, the feedback request is presented and attendees can choose to close the dialog by selecting (X) on desktop clients or Skip on mobile clients.
On the Windows or Mac desktop clients, users may continue to dismiss the dialog by pressing the <ESC> key.
Allow IT Admins to Remove a Claimed Domain
- IT Admins now have the ability to remove a domain that has been claimed and associated with their Amazon Chime account. The Remove option can be found by signing into the Amazon Chime console ( https://console.chime.aws.amazon.com) and navigating to the Domains tab. Each domain that is claimed will have it's own Remove action.
- After a domain has been removed, it is then eligible to be claimed following the standard verification process provided in the Amazon Chime console.
- See https://answers.chime.aws/questions/312/how-do-i-remove-a-claimed-domain.html for more details about removing domains and what happens to the users affected.
- If you are using IAM policies for access to the Amazon Chime administration console, users/groups will need to be given the Chime:DeleteDomain action to remove a claimed domain. Please see this article for more details: Amazon Chime Actions for IAM policies
Consolidating the controls on the meeting window - Mac OS
- The options that were under the Settings menu have been consolidated with the More menu on the Amazon Chime Meeting window. Change audio and Change video controls are now listed under the More menu. The Show my own video tile option has been moved under the Change video sub menu. These changes were made on the Windows client during the 4.6 release.
Contact search improvements
- A number of changes were made to the way we display contact search results. We think you will be very happy with the results!
Bug fixes and other enhancements
- Provide more informative and consistent messaging for attendees trying to join a meeting when the 100 user limit is reached. (Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, PSTN)
- Ensure that users can select text after navigating from one chat room to another. (macOS)
- Respect OS level selection color. (macOS)
- Clear notifications from Notification Center when read. (macOS)
- Properly display the "Present" and "Not present" Members from the default chat room after a user ends a meeting. (Windows)
- Event mode should block screen sharing even when non presenter attendee has multiple monitors. (Windows)
- Display accurate message count in meeting chat. (iOS - iPad)
- Clean up the help text for the Schedule Meeting dialog. (iOS)
- Clear “Not Connected status” when reconnected. (Android)
- Field Crashes - (Windows, macOS, Android, iOS)