OverviewThe Amazon Chime Assistant is a self-service tool that registered users who are not managed in a Team or Enterprise account can access from an Amazon Chime client.
The assistant's Get my attachments and Delete me commands will only function for users who are NOT part of a managed Amazon Chime account (for instance, users who have not accepted a Team invite or were not added to an Enterprise account because their email domain was claimed). If you are part of a managed account, you will receive a message indicating that you cannot use the tool to get attachments or have your profile deleted. In that case, contact your IT administrator.
Accessing the Amazon Chime AssistantSet up the assistant by following these steps:
- Log in to your Amazon Chime account using one of the clients.
- Invite firstname.lastname@example.org as a contact.
- On a desktop app, choose Contacts > Invite contact.
- On a mobile app, navigate to the Contacts tab and then select "+" in the upper right.
- Start a 1:1 chat thread with Amazon Chime Assistant (Webhook).
- Choose Message and add Amazon Chime Assistant in the To: field.
- Enter a supported command.
Supported CommandsThe Amazon Chime Assistant recognizes three commands:
- As long as you are not a managed user associated with an Amazon Chime account, you can use "Get my attachments" to access attachments that you uploaded. This includes attachments you uploaded to 1:1 and group chat conversations and all attachments uploaded to chat rooms that you created.
After entering Get my attachments as a chat message to the assistant, you will receive further instructions in the chat conversation (example below).
To confirm your attachment request, copy and paste this exact command:
Get my attachments <confirmation code>
After you copy and paste the requested confirmation (for example
Get my attachments
<confirmation code>), Amazon Chime processes your request in approximately 24 hours, and sends you a link to a file in the chat conversation. The file contains a list of digitally signed links to your attachments. If there are no attachments that meet the criteria, the file will be empty. The chat message included with the file from the Assistant includes the date and time the links expire (approximately 6 days from delivery).
Please be sure to maintain an appropriate level of access control on the delivered file. Any user that obtains the file can use the provided list of URLs to download the associated attachments.
You can submit this command one time per 7-day period.
- "Delete me" allows you to delete your profile and your data from the Amazon Chime system.
After entering Delete me as a chat message to the assistant, you will receive further instructions in the chat conversation (example below).
To confirm your account deletion request, copy and paste this exact command:
Delete me <confirmation code>
The confirmation provided is valid for 10 minutes. If you do not confirm within 10 minutes of the request or if the command is not entered properly, the assistant will provide a new confirmation code for you to retry the request.
After you copy and paste the requested confirmation (for example,
Delete me <confirmation code>), you will be signed out of Amazon Chime on all your devices. You won't have access to your chat, chat rooms, contacts, or scheduled meetings.
Note: The “Delete me” command removes the link between your Amazon Chime profile and the Amazon.com account that you used to sign into Amazon Chime, but it will not delete your Amazon.com account. To delete your associated Amazon.com account, go to amazon.com (http://amazon.com/).
- “Help” provides a description and instructions for the Amazon Chime Assistant's commands.