5.23 — Features and Enhancements delivered in the November 16, 2023 Amazon Chime release for Android
Bug fixes and performance enhancements [Android]
5.23 — Features and Enhancements delivered in the November 02, 2023 Amazon Chime release for Android and iOS
Option to delete account [Android]
We have added an option to delete your Amazon.com account from the Settings menu using the Amazon Chime Android app (previously, this was only available for the Amazon Chime iOS app). This option will only be available when you are signed in to the app using the email address used when creating your Amazon.com account (Login with Amazon), and does not apply to users that are part of an Amazon Chime Team or Enterprise account - someone is paying for your usage.
For more information visit Deleting your Amazon account from the Amazon Chime mobile app
Important Note: Closing your Amazon.com account is permanent and applies to Amazon Chime and all Amazon products and services associated with the email address used.
Waiting Room Enhancements [Android, iOS]
We have made changes to the Waiting Room features to help reduce the time that users wait to be admitted.
Authorized attendees experience
NOTE: Authorized attendees are users in the meeting who are signed into an Amazon Chime client and are part of the same company as the meeting host. These attendees have permissions in the meeting to Admit or Deny users that are in the Waiting Room.
We have improved our signaling to alert Authorized attendees when there is someone waiting to be admitted into the meeting.
- When the Amazon Chime app is in the foreground
- When there is at least one user waiting in the Waiting Room and Amazon Chime is in the foreground, a toast (iOS) or message (Android) will be displayed on the active meeting tab.
- A REVIEW action is available and will take you to the full Waiting Room section with options to Admit and Deny users.
- You can dismiss the toast/message or it will be auto dismissed after 10 seconds or when there are no longer any users waiting.
- The toast/message will be displayed again after 15 seconds if there are still user(s) waiting.
- When the Amazon Chime app is in the background
- When there is at least one user waiting in the Waiting Room and Amazon Chime is in the background, a notification will be presented and an audio cue played.
- Tapping on the notification will bring you to the full Waiting Room section with options to Admit and Deny users.
- The notification and accompanying audio cue will be displayed again after 15 seconds if there are still user(s) waiting.
- The Amazon Chime notification sounds are managed at the OS level.
Waiting Room users waiting experience
We changed the button name in the Waiting Room from Leave to Leave meeting and changed the style from primary (default click) to secondary to improve the clarity of the action. If you choose Leave meeting, the message indicates that leaving would remove your request to join the meeting.
Bug fixes and performance improvements [Android, iOS]
- Fixed an issue where the list of user in the Waiting Room would not refresh correctly, and would sometimes result in a stale list of users to be admitted/denied. [Android, iOS]
- Bug fixes and performance improvements. [Android, iOS]