- Before using Amazon Chime for external or larger meetings, try a few test calls to ensure your audio is set up properly and you are familiar with the navigation.
- Don’t sign out of the Amazon Chime client – you can quit the app, but staying signed in will make it so you are automatically logged in when you launch Amazon Chime and get to you meetings quickly. Make sure you do sign-out for privacy when using a shared computers - please note that some of your settings will be reset when you sign out of the app.
- Amazon Chime works best when you install it on your desktop and mobile devices. Visit this page to find all our clients: https://aws.amazon.com/chime/download.
- When email@example.com is invited to a meeting, all your devices that are signed into the Amazon Chime app will ring. Just answer on one device and the other(s) will stop ringing.
- It is easy to switch devices, just locate the meeting (Desktop and web: in the upper left under Meetings and Calls or Mobile: on the Meetings tab) click the meeting to join. You will be disconnected from the meeting on your other device so you won't cause echo.
- Amazon Chime on mobile will move from WiFi to your data network seamlessly. If the data network becomes weak, you can try switching to Dial-In (choose Leave and Switch to Dial-in). Amazon Chime will dial into the bridge and enter the Meeting PIN for you.
There are a few ways that attendees can get on a Amazon Chime meeting:
- With the Amazon Chime App: If you have the Amazon Chime App and firstname.lastname@example.org is invited to the meeting - Amazon Chime will popup an option to join at the meeting start time. Select Answer, choose and test your video, and audio devices and option and select Join with Video or Join.
- Without the Amazon Chime App: If you don't have an Amazon Chime client, you can join from a browser with Chrome, Firefox, or Chromium Edge. You can choose to sign in to the Amazon Chime Web App (https://app.chime.aws) and automatically get called when your meeting starts, just like with our desktop and mobile applications.
If you are not signed in and want to join a meeting, click on the meeting join link in the body of your calendar invite, or go to https://app.chime.aws and choose Join a meeting without an account. You will be taken to a web page that will validate the Meeting ID. Enter your name and choose Join meeting now to proceed.
You will then be presented with the device preview (see above) where you can choose and Test your video, and audio options (Computer Speaker and Microphone, Phone, or Other if you are in a room with other meeting attendees and there is already an audio device connected).
Choose Join with Video or Join to enter the meeting.
- Join from an in-room video system. Access the Amazon Chime bridge (126.96.36.199) and when prompted enter the Meeting ID followed by #.
During a Call
The meeting window has controls located on the left to get Meeting details, view or close the Attendee panel, Meeting chat, turn on Machine generated captions (for Amazon hosted meetings), manage video tiles and screen share in the Media layout menu, and perform other tasks during the meeting (in the More menu or three dot menu). Blue indicates the portion of the meeting window is turned on.
The Host has more controls than other attendees (Record Meeting, End a meeting, Event Mode, Lock a meeting).
Device controls are located on the lower control bar. Mute and unmute your audio, turn on or off your webcam, start or stop screen share, or leave the meeting. The words and icons will change indicating when devices are on or off. Click on the ^ next to each to change devices, or choose different options/settings.
- Users dialed in to a call can toggle between mute and unmute by pressing *7.
- Using a headset or earbuds (microphone and speakers) can greatly reduce background noise and echo.
- If you experience interrupted audio or your data connection is weak we will show a red mic next to your name) - don't hesitate to switch to dial-in for the audio portion of the meeting.
- If you joined using your Mic & Speaker and are causing echo, disconnect your audio by clicking the up arrow next to the audio icon and selecting Disable Mic and Speakers.
- If you want to change from your computer audio to dial in, click the up arrow next to the audio icon and select Switch to dial-in. The dial in information can also be found by clicking the (i) icon in the upper left.
- Use the Amazon Chime client running on Windows or Mac or the web app (https://app.chime.aws) in order to share your screen.
See https://answers.chime.aws/articles/25/chime-advanced-tips-for-getting-started.html for Advanced tips.