Note: This article is for the Amazon Chime Add-In for Outlook on Windows.
If you’re using Outlook on Windows, this article describes how to schedule Amazon Chime meetings for someone else.
If you are scheduling your own meetings or are scheduling meetings for someone else and using Outlook on Mac, see this article on how to schedule meetings with Amazon Chime Add-in for Outlook.
Step 1: The other person (the delegator) adds you as a delegate:
- See https://answers.chime.aws/articles/159/how-do-i-assign-someone-as-my-delegate.html
Note: Amazon Chime ensures that the meeting ID used matches the email address of the user who owns the calendar. Auto-call will not function properly if the calendar is a shared calendar or if the meeting ID belongs to a different user.
Step 2: You install the Amazon Chime Add-in for Outlook on Windows.
- Exit Outlook.
- Launch the Amazon Chime Windows app and Choose Meetings > Schedule a Meeting.
- Click Next.
- Make sure Microsoft Outlook is listed as the calendar app.
- Scroll to the bottom of the assistant and choose Schedule with Outlook and then follow the installation instructions.
- Restart Outlook.
- Verify that the Amazon Chime for Outlook Add-In on Windows was installed by choosing Calendar and ensuring that Schedule Amazon Chime Meeting shows on the Outlook Calendar Ribbon.
- Sign into the Amazon Chime for Outlook Add-In on Windows by choosing the Schedule Amazon Chime Meeting icon in the Calendar ribbon and selecting Sign In. You only do this one time, as your information is stored.
Step 3: Schedule a new or update an existing meeting.
- Navigate to the calendar of the person for whom you are scheduling, open their Outlook calendar and double-click on the calendar to schedule a new Appointment window or open an existing meeting.
- From the Appointment ribbon, choose Schedule Amazon Chime Meeting.
- The Amazon Chime Add-In for Outlook on Windows prompts you to select the account to use in scheduling the meeting. Select the dropdown (showing all Amazon Chime users for whom you are set as a delegate), and choose the calendar owner. Choose OK.
- The Amazon Chime Add-In for Outlook prompts you to select the Meeting ID type. To avoid merged meetings and confidential meetings, it is recommended that you schedule meetings by choosing the Generate a new ID or Generate a new ID and require moderator to start. For more information about moderated meetings, please see this article. Amazon Chime generates a special 10 digit PIN that can be used for a single meeting event or for a recurring series.
- The Amazon Chime Add-In for Outlook on Windows populates the invite with the following:
- The email address of the person for whom you are scheduling,
- the firstname.lastname@example.org email address and if you choose to Generate a new ID, the pin+ID@chime.aws address which lets Chime know which meeting ID to use.
- The meeting instructions, which include the meeting join link, dial in information, and Meeting ID.
- Edit the meeting instructions as needed to complete the invite, including inviting attendees, subject, date and time, and recurrence.
- Choose Send to notify attendees and Amazon Chime. If you made changes to an existing meeting, choose Save and Send. If prompted, make sure you choose Send updates to all attendees so that everyone, including Amazon Chime, receives the new meeting details.
Note: If you do not choose Send updates to all attendees - Amazon Chime will not be updated with the new attendees or changes and will not be able to auto-call when the meeting starts.