Features and Enhancements delivered in the February 6, 2018 Amazon Chime releaseWindows, macOS, iOS and Android have been released.
Improved iOS experience
- Amazon Chime is now optimized for the iPhone X and users can enjoy full resolution on iPad Pro and a native UI and on-screen keyboards for iPad.
- To make more informed decisions and understand Amazon Chime adoption by their organization's users, IT administrators can access usage and user feedback data directly from the Amazon Chime console.
The report provides the last four weeks of data and includes the current total number of registered users and that week's active users (users who sent a message and/or attended a meeting), total number of meetings, and the percentage of positive meeting feedback received. Learn more here https://docs.aws.amazon.com/chime/latest/ag/view-reports.html and https://answers.chime.aws/articles/474/amazon-chime-dashboard-report.html.
When using IAM policies to manage access to the Amazon Chime Administration console, use one of the Amazon Chime managed policies or update the custom policy(s) to include the "ListAccountUsageReportData" action to grant IT administrators access to this dashboard. For more information about Amazon Chime and IAM please see this article (Amazon Chime Actions for IAM policies) or consult the Administration Guide: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/chime/latest/ag/contro....
- Amazon Chime now supports SIP video conferencing in addition to H.323. Learn more here https://aws.amazon.com/about-aws/whats-new/2018/01/amazon-chime-now-supports-sip-based-in-room-video-conference-systems/ and https://answers.chime.aws/articles/107/in-room-video-conference-room-compatibility-h323-1.html.
The new SIP access point is now included in the client scheduled meeting instructions and the Amazon Chime for Outlook add-in.
- You can now insert gifs from the keyboard. (Android)
- The meeting information displayed now includes the US Toll dial-in number. (Android)
- Improved audio quality and reduced echo. (iPad Pro 12.9-inch)
- Cached list of chat room names no longer includes chat rooms that a user has left. (iOS)
- Fixed an issue where unread count and recent conversations were not in sync. (Windows, iOS)
- Fixed a bug where all chat room administrators could be removed. (Windows)
- Ensured that meeting attendees do not get meeting message notifications when they disable "Notify for all meeting events.” (Windows)
- Ensured that the schedule meeting assistant accessed from within the Amazon Chime client provides the option to choose delegates. (Windows)
- Improved responsiveness for chat rooms with 400+ members. (Windows)
- Fixed screen share issue on Surface Pro tablet when running Microsoft Windows 8.1. (Windows)
- Added a delay to the join meeting prompt displayed after running late to give the attendee more time to respond. (Windows)
- Changed the search display to prevent actions under the list from being initiated. (Windows)
- Fixed occasional duplicate message display in chat. (Windows)
- Improved the search failure error message. (Windows)
- Fixed an issue where the unread message count was not disappearing for group chat. (Windows)
- Fixed an issue where user's audio is unexpectedly getting increased. (Windows, macOS)
- Improved logging. (Windows, macOS)
- Addressed issue resulting in partial chat content being sent - ignore non-printable zero byte characters within chat. (macOS)
- Allow for a user to background the Amazon Chime client while entering names in the To: field. (macOS)
- Addressed issues experienced when laptop wakes from sleep. (macOS)
- Disabled hover text when client is not in the foreground. (macOS)
- Resolved an issue found when users change their email address to a different email domain.
- Increased the number of digits in the PIN that the web screen viewer accepts to 13 digits when viewing shared screen.
- Resolved an issue with downloading recordings which contained non-ASCII characters in the meeting name.
- Display report data in descending order. (Admin console)
- Addressed additional client crashes. (Android, iOS, macOS, Windows)