Administrators: This guide is for the Amazon Chime Add-In for Outlook, which is compatible with Office 365 and on-premises Exchange 2013+. Before getting started, make sure you meet our System Requirements for the Amazon Chime Add-In for Outlook. You should also make sure that the Amazon Chime Add-In for Outlook is right for your organization by reading our guide on Choosing the Right Outlook Add-in.
If your users have already installed our Outlook Add-in for Windows, they should uninstall it before enabling the new add-in. Instructions for uninstalling Outlook Add-in for Windows.
Installation in Microsoft Office 365Deploying to all users, specific users, or individuals can be done through the Microsoft 365 admin center. Best practice is to deploy to a small group of users, typically the IT team, to try our add-in first, then deploy to your organization. This ensures that everything works as expected, and gives your team an opportunity to familiarize themselves with the add-in before fielding questions from your users.
Deploying the Add-in
- Open the Microsoft Office admin center and sign in, if you have not already.
- Choose Settings > Services and add-ins
- Select “I want to add an Add-In from the Office Store.”
- Search for "Amazon Chime" and choose the Add button for the Amazon Chime result.
- Here you can choose who to should receive the add-in. As mentioned, it is recommended you deploy to a small group of users first, then expand the deployment to all of your Chime users. The options are:
- In addition to selecting who you want to deploy to, you also have the option of deciding the deployment method. The choice you make is up to you, but if you have users who already have our Outlook Add-in for Windows, you should consider just making the Office 365 Add-in for Outlook Available, so they can decide whether to keep their existing add-in or switch to the Office 365 version. Options include:
- Fixed (default) - The add-in will be automatically deployed to the assigned users and they will not be able to remove it from their ribbon.
- Available - The add-in will not be deployed, but will be available for assigned users to install even when general user access to the Store is disabled. Users may install this add-in by clicking the Get More add-ins button on the home ribbon in Outlook.
- Optional - The add-in will be automatically deployed to the assigned users but they can choose to remove it from their ribbon.
- Choose Deploy now
- The deployment will begin, and should be completed within 12 hours. If you selected Fixed or Optional, selected users will see the add-in automatically. If you selected Available, they will have to enable the add-in themselves.
For more information on our add-in or to install from Microsoft AppSource, see our Microsoft AppSource page.
Deploy to On-premises Microsoft Exchange using the Manifest.xmlAdministrators of Microsoft Exchange 2013+ can follow a similar process to deploy the add-in, but will need to use the manifest URL, rather than searching for the add-in in Admin center or AppSource:
- Log in to the Exchange Admin Center (EAC) and select organization > add-ins.
- Select the add icon (+) and then Add from URL.
- Enter https://app.chime.aws/manifests/outlook/prod/manifest.xml
- Double click the Amazon Chime add-in to edit it.
- Select Make this add-in available to users in your organization.
- Select either Optionally, enabled by default or Mandatory, always enabled.